Carers Trust is the largest UK wide charity for the nation’s 7 million unpaid carers. We are a growing and forward thinking organisation with ambition to extend our reach and services so that with our Network Partners we can increase the support, information, advice and programmes we provide for children, young people and adults who care, unpaid, for a family member or friend. The number of carers is increasing significantly, with 3 in 5 of us likely to become a carer at some point in our lifetime. Carers save the UK economy over £132bn every year and act as a main support to our stretched health and social care systems.
We are seeking committed, motivated and highly skilled Trustees in three clearly defined areas to add to and enhance our dynamic, experienced and growing Board of Trustees. You will be able to demonstrate:
- an understanding and commitment to the needs of unpaid carers
- an ability to play a key role in the continued growth and success of Carers Trust
You will play a vital role in the oversight of the charity ensuring that it delivers against its charitable objectives, is financially sustainable, has strong governance and safeguards the name and values of the organisation. We welcome applications for those who have experience of a caring role.
The three key areas of experience we seek are:
We are seeking a Trustee with proven skills and experience in the field of national policy. You will have:
- experience of engaging individuals at a senior governmental level
- the ability to influence and establish an influencing agenda
- experience of engaging and communicating with parliamentarians, public sector bodies and third sector organisations
- previous experience at Board level
MARKETING AND COMMUNICATIONS
We are seeking a Trustee who has a strong record at Board level in communications and marketing. You will have proven skills in:
- strategic marketing and communications
- the development of brand and brand marketing
- experience of, and the ability to, raise awareness of an organisation or cause
- experience, and knowledge of, maximising digital and social media platforms
- PR and reputational management
- engaging with a range of stakeholders across the private and public sectors at a senior level
We are seeking a trustee aged 18 to 25 with experience of a caring role who can add a key voice to our Board. Previous Board experience is not necessary as we will provide training and support but you will have:
- an ability to bring your unique perspective as a young person with direct experience of a caring role to support and influence the continued development of our offer to Young Carers
- the enthusiasm, energy and vision to input to and develop our ongoing strategy
- excellent communication skills and the ability to engage with confidence with stakeholders
- the ability to be a clear and positive advocate
- experience of working at committee level
To apply email Candice Williams for an application form which would need to be submitted alongside an up to date CV. If you would like to speak with the Chair or CEO prior to applying please contact Candice.
The closing date for applications is 12:00pm on Wednesday 29th May 2019.
The shortlist of candidates will be determined in the following week and candidates invited for interview with our Nominations Committee in early June.
Trustees are required to attend quarterly Board meetings normally in London and are expected to attend key organisational events, such as our annual reception with our President HRH The Princess Royal. They may also be asked to sit on one of the charity’s other governance Committees. Overall the expected amount of time which will be devoted to the charity will be circa 15 days a year.
While this role is not remunerated, Trustees will receive reimbursement for reasonable expenses incurred during work on behalf of Carers Trust.